Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4160 Family of Slide Rules
Addendum to the 1913 hardbound catalog
The following model numbers are part of the 4160 slide rule family:
- 4160 ------ 10" Chemist's Slide Rule
- Sought = Given C = D
- Sought = Given CI = D
The 4160 first appeared in a loose addendum to the 1913 hard bound catalog. The following is a brief history of the 4160 family of slide rules as is told in the K&E catalogs that are available at this time. Exact timing is not possible because of the time between catalogs.
- 1913a - The 4160 was first shown in an addendum to the 1913 hard board catalog with a column type cursor. The soft bound catalog issued later in 1913 did not show the 4160.
- 1915 - The 4160 appeared. The all glass cursor was introduced.
- 1936 - The all glass cursor was replaced with the metal rimmed cursor in 1936.
- 1941 - The 4160 is last shown in the 1941 catalog.
Links to catalog pages for the 4160 family of slide rules:
Scans: Link to scans of 4160s