Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4150-1 Family of Slide Rules
Catalog pages from the 1954 catalog
The 4150-1 family of slide rules are 5" versions of the 4094 and 4096 Merchant's Slide rules. In the later catalogs (1962 & 1967) it is grouped together under that family name. The slide rule was temporarly introduced in approximately 1951 in the Doric group as a 9050-1.
The 4150-1 also has a modified scale set from its big brothers. The L scale was added.
The following model numbers make up the 4150-1 family of slide rules:
- 4150-1 --- 5" plastic Mannheim
- 4150-1C - 5" plastic Mannheim with pocket clip
- 68 1786 -- 5" plastic Mannheim with pocket clip
- 68 1791 -- 5" plastic Mannheim
- 9050-1 --- 5" plastic Mannheim
- DF = CF CI C = D L
The 4150-1 first appeared in the 1952 price sheet. The 4150-1 family last appeared in the 1972 catalog. The following is a brief history of the 4150-1 family of slide rules as is told in the K&E catalogs that are available at this time. Exact timing is not possible because of the time between catalogs.
- 1952 - The 4150-1 was first introduced the the 1952 Educational Products catalog and the 1952 full line catalog. The description says "(formerly 9050-1)" indicating the existance of a 9050-1 in the Doric group of slide rules.
- 1959 - The price list for 1959 shows the addition of the 4150-1C.
- 1962 - The model numbers were converted to 68 1786 and 68 1791. These rules were grouped in the Merchant's family of slide rules.
- 1972 - Only the 68 1786 was shown in a group of pocket slide rules.
Links to catalog pages for the 4150-1 family of slide rules:
Scans: Link to scans of 4150-1s