Collection of pages from K&E catalogs for the 4102 Family of Slide Rules
The 4102 is a specialized slide rule for surveying. The 4102 was only offered as a 20" rule. The rule allows the quick interpretation of solar observations and Stadia calculations.
Catalog page from the 1915 K&E Catalog
The following model numbers are part of the 4102 Slide Rule family:
- 4102 ------ 20" Surveyor's Slide Rule
- N4102 ---- 20" Surveyor's Slide Rule
The scale set is as follows for the 4102 and N4102:
Left Front: Left Rear: Right Rear:
The 4102 first appeared in the 1915 catalog. The following is a brief history of the 4102 family of slide rules as is told in the K&E catalogs that are available at this time. Exact timing is not possible because of the time between catalogs.
- 1915 -- The 4102 was first shown in a catalog.
- 1927b - The model number was converted to N4102 in the 1927 hard bound catalog.
- 1936 -- The all glass cursor was replaced with the metal rimmed cursor in 1936.
- 1952 -- The N4102 is listed as "Temp. Disc." in the 1952 price list.
- 1954 -- The N4102 is not shown in the 1954 catalog.
Links to catalog pages for the 4102 family of slide rules:
Scans: Link to scans of 4102s